Wednesday 13 July 2016

Art and design

So the saga of the sail drive is reaching its conclusion Having found the Volvo fixed prop to be worn out and the strong recommendation from the Volvo shop not to replace it with another I did some research and settled on a Featherstream propeller from uk company Darglow. With a two week lead time it was I hope worth the wait, so as you might gather , life does not always run so smoothly. Despite the propeller being delivered by the courier to the marina it was taken away again, the reason! Because the scanner did not work and the courier could not sign it off. It then got taken to and rejected by another business on site and despite being marked as signed for on the system it was eventually put back in the van and taken away.  Shit happens as they say and yet again it happens on my power train, lucky me! After another 36 hour delay the "delivered" prop turned up again and I got a phone call from the marina office saying they had captured it. In the interim of course I had been chasing it on the inter web, by phone (my thanks to Trish at Darglow for her patience in helping me track the prop) what a rigmarole - thanks NOT to DPD for misleading, lying, bullsh@@@ to us all, very professional. Anyway the prop is now on and it looks Fantastic
Shiny
Oh and I also fitted the signage on the bow to finish off the ship properly, pretty lovely too  
Bow signage
   

No comments:

Post a Comment