Sunday 24 April 2016

Taking water, making water

Well the drying of the hull continues and so in the meantime I have taken to starting work on fitting the Watermaker which will osmotically extract clean drinking water from the sea. The kit arrived in big stainless frames which although they make a nice modular kit, do not do much for fitting small spaces.
Framed up water maker
As tempting as it is for an easy life to just use multiple lockers, I feel that frugal space saving will pay later and so I have dismantled the pump units and built a temporary jig to fit them into the bulkhead. When the pipe work had been sorted I will make up better looking mounting frames and re optimise the space again
Temporary fit
In the meantime, just to be careful I am taking photos of the wiring as the manual is pretty thin on detail 
Photo of wiring
So now I have to order more plumbing fittings to connect up the kit over longer distances and also to complement the fittings that the manufacturer did not supply to complete the install. They arrive tomorrow so we will see how we get on Here is progress today with more BIG plumbing
Plumbed in
 

No comments:

Post a Comment